About Me

My photo
My Life is getting better by the minute !!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Redemption...possible?

I sit here on my couch...computer on my lap...the man I love on the phone with me...talking and writing about one of my brothers...this is not the brother in the previous post.  This is a brother I am also thankful for, however, he has caused a lot of trial in my family.  My brother is currently in prison until May (this time)....You see a few years ago he got himself into a lot of the wrong kind of trouble.  He doesn't seem to grasp how much my family wants to be there to help him and make life a good place for him.  He won't open his heart to God and only wants to hang out and party with his buddies and sleep with whatever girl will have him.  He has two children (one of which he has only seen pictures of) and can't seem to straighten himself out even for them.  They are a beautiful little girl that looks exactly like my mother and a sweet little boy that looks just like him.  In my work I have seen a lot of strong wonderful women lose their babies...on the flip side, I have seen mothers who are crack addicted, and cannot take care of the many children they already have, give birth to healthy babies.  Why does God have to deal those undeserving a bad hand?  My brother truly is a good man.  He would stick up for anyone he cares about.  Be there if a loved one needs him.  Not to mention I have a family full of wonderful Christian people who are heartbroken over the things he has done.  The point of this (now that I have a face stained with tears) is to give any of you hope.  No matter what trial comes your way...no matter what your child or loved one has done...No matter what YOU have done.  The things you have done are not who you are and the things your family has done are no reflection on you.



My brother.  My heartbreak... and my teacher.  He has taught me a lot through his mistakes. 



Me.  A symbol of hope to those who think redemption isn't possible.  I shudder to think of what I would have become without finding God.  Without learning my lessons and taking them with me.  Mistakes are made...but with a little forgiveness, a little time, and a who love of redeeming love.  Redemption is truly possible.  Please pray the man in the picture above me will soon be the same picture I am.  Full of life, courage, and God's love.

My deepest love to all

3 comments:

Bonita Ariel said...

amen

Sandy said...

You are right! Redemption IS possible!

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!

Carma Sez said...

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully he will realize all that he is missing out on and straighten himself out. I suspect the longer he waits the more regret he will have that he did not do it sooner (once he wakes up to his responsibilities and realizes how much his family cares)...